Here are just a few of our favorite memories from Greece:
– Dining beside the sea on the freshest grilled calamari, baked feta cheeses, and the finest olive oils on Earth.
– Island hopping from Paros to Naxos to Santorini to Mykonos.
– Madelyn and Timmy’s reactions to the nudest beach(es) we “accidenlty’ stumbled upon.
– Catching up with our friends Kirsten (Lewis) and Greg Bethmann in Santorini and having Kirsten photograph a “Day In the Life” session for our family.
– Sharing and learning on a mountain-top villa with wonderful photographers from Greece, India, Dubai, Switzerland, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, and Canada.
– Catching up with Erika’s sister, Meagan, who took care of Madelyn and Timmy during our workshops.
– Dining, swimming and cliff jumping at La Grotta, where they filmed parts of the 1981 James Bond movie, “For Your Eyes Only.”
– Mango Mint Daiquiris on the beach in Mykonos. Simply the best cocktails we’ve ever experienced.
– Crete (where we lost 1200 photos).
– Hanging out on secret little, secluded, boat-access-only beaches in Corfu.
– Exploring “The Blue Eye” (photo below) and other caves in Corfu.
– The people of Greece, especially Thanassis, Yiannis, and Giorgos!
As photographers, we often rely on images, in place of words, to share our memories and feelings. And so that’s exactly what we’ve done below, along with some stories and artwork from Madelyn’s and Timmy’s journals. Stay tuned for Croatia.